06-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #27
spak888
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C,'07 335xi, '11 335ix

Garage List
Three-ish month update: 1218 miles on LCI, 1106 on Pre-LCI

Driving the LCI around for a while, I found the M-Sport steering wheel much more enjoyable to use, due to its slighter thicker diameter. I sought out another M-Sport wheel but found that the wheels were too expensive or below the condition of my pre-lci sport wheel. I did find a flat bottom remanufactured wheel on eBay from Ukraine and got a great deal on it from "make offer". It took about 6 weeks to arrive. I put it on the LCI and swapped the M-Sport on to the pre-lci. It was easier than anticipated and took about 30 minutes for both wheels. One thing to note, battery disconnect is required for the air bag. The pre-LCI has a manual trunk key hole but I couldn't find one on the LCI. Of course I closed the trunk on the LCI since I needed that wheel first. The only way I got the trunk open was to have my kid climb through the backseat passthrough (because I certainly couldn't) and pull the emergency glow-in-the-dark trunk release.

Now on to the next project x2. I'm going to try to keep both cars as CA SMOG legal as possible so with that in mind, what should I do next? Exhaust? Brakes? Other?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1