View Single Post
      07-27-2022, 04:30 PM   #826
alistairolsen
Registered
Rep
Drives: X70 X5

Hi everyone, I hope someone may be able to help me with an odd error!

I have followed the procedure in the OP to install the software and I'm using a silver cable from B-Cables and all appeared to be working okay.

I have just replaced the parking brake actuator (EMF module) under my 2008 X70 X5 and there is still an error on the dash. I tried to code the VIN using NCS-Expert and I can get the VIN from the CAS but the job fails when attempting to write to the EMF.

Further investigation reveals that the EMF appears in INPA, but I get a IFH-0009 No Response From Controller message. INPA connects fine to various other modules in the same vehicle.

I have confirmed with the refurbishers that the module was tested and working on another vehicle before it was dispatched to me and I have visually inspected the loom tail and plug which seems to be in good condition and checked for 12V at the main live and neutral terminals.

So, any ideas? Something funky with my cable? Daten issues? I've found a handful of references to similar behaviour but all the threads dead end without resolution.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0