View Single Post
      05-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #34
mr_malvo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Given that you already replaced both oil cooler gasket and OFHG, maybe check the aluminum housings themselves. Could be cracked. Also, there's a coolant hose that goes to the Oil cooler housing. The plastic fitting at the end of the hose goes bad, like it happened to mine, and cause extra leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeshy View Post
Yeah I was a bit concerned about the oil still visible on the seal, but there was so much oil in the bay being thrown around that that could be from the outside and not slipping past the seal. I know the picture angle isn't great either, but it was pretty tough to light it well for a pic. Wait and see maybe?

As far as the OFH, I still don't know where it's leaking which is the bigger problem I need to solve first. It looks like maybe near the front lower bolt, but not quite sure. I replaced both gaskets and cleaned the block/mating surface meticulously, as well as putting a bit of sealant in the minor pitting I saw on the block. Didnt seem to fix it

I know many have had the damn thing leak immediately after replacing it - any advice on how people finally got it to seal up? My only options at this point are to retorque the bolts or to redo the job.

@mrpriceisright, that's my thinking exactly. No harm not doing it now and can easily go back if I need to. Might save myself $ and labor too.
Appreciate 0