10-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #50
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20b25 View Post
Black/white BMW badges have no place on a BMW! (In my book)

Hopefully see them in the flesh at some point
Fair enough; I don't dislike them, just don't know if I want some for these wheels.
See you at the next meet I hope Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixdout View Post
I like the theme you are going with.... polished rims with polished tips.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
I thought they'd look good, i was wrong....

They look awesome!!!

Combine that with a drop and you'll have something very tasty on your hands.

Badges I would say if you do go BMW centre caps go black and white. I used to think they have no place on a BMW but after my refurb I thought I'd try some out and they do look good with darker cars. Just make sure you keep your roundels blue and white!
Thanks Greg! I was disappointed until I read your second line
I've spent enough on the car this year, so the drop is next on the list for next year. Looking forward to it already.

Thanks for your advice on the centre caps. I'd definitely keep the car badges blue/white!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanthatcan View Post
Love the style of the wheels buddy! It looks like a while new car in the "after" photos

My only observation is they look very bright on a black car.
Thank you

I struggled with the finish - I found black a tricky colour to get wheels for. I like a contrast with the bodywork, so that pretty much ruled out all dark wheels. I considered dark wheels with polished accents on the face but in the end still wasn't convinced. And I wanted something a little different to just silver painted, so when I found these which have the whole face diamond turned, I thought I'd give them a go.

The photos don't do it justice - in the right light, you get a bit of that rainbow effect you see on CDs or DVDs when you shine them in the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Faaaaaark me!!!
Bro they look awesome!!!! Great choice!!!!!
Car looks COMPLETELY different!
Tints are a must now

Thanks Sean! To be honest, as they are so different to yours in every way possible, I thought you might not like them so I'm pleased you do

Hopefully tints before the end of the year!
Appreciate 0