View Single Post
      10-12-2022, 09:10 AM   #11
MovingTarget
England
Rep
Drives: E46 & E93 3litre sport conv.

UPDATE 12/10/22

So last Wednesday I went to my chosen shop of exhaust pleasures and had the stainless backbox fitted. The fitter asked how loud I wanted and i said "not loud" but just bit more growl so it actually sounded like a 3 litre. He then got me to hear the car without a backbox to ask my opinion and I said "far too loud" and he said he now knew what I wanted..... so they did their work.

By the time I had driven the 10 miles home the drone and the volume of noise was seriously pissing me off so I called and said this was not what I wanted as I'd specified just a bit of grumble, not 1989 Vauxhall Nova without a backbox. So it was booked in today to sort.

I've just got back from the second visit and I'm really pleased. There is still grumble and growl on tickover and through the rev range but no more drone and is a far nicer place to be at speed. And if I want to impress some random 14 year olds in the street then I drop it a gear and get heavy footed for a bit!!

Love it! I'll try and get a video clip for y'all at some point but well worth the £220 spent
Appreciate 1