No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Post Important!!! please bring a USB device

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
This has got to be the most requested type of meet on board. So why not try and set up an official meet. Afterwards, we can even go on a coded highway run or something.
UPDATE!

If you want me to code your cars - i'll expect you to accept the following. The other coders don't have to follow this, but it's what i will do because it'll be the only way we can grind through all of the folks who will attend.

The safest way to code each car is to be very careful and backup everything. Since i don't want to have to track 20+ backups, I'd like to ask each of you to bring a USB or thumb drive or any small storage device that works with my 2011 Macbook Pro. The workflow will be something like this:

1. get to your car, you let me sit in the big boy seat
2. connect my laptop to the OBDII port, open the laptop
3. run a couple of diagnostic apps to make sure the laptop and your car communicate. Any errors here and we stop. If I proceed i could brick your car and i won't even try.
4. If communication works then i'll make a backup of the portion of the ECU that we will be messing with. This is why you need a USB. I'll pop in your drive and save it so that if you ever need it...
5. As we modify your car i will also take backups of each modification, so that in the future you could get someone to redo the work if it's reset by the Dealer
6. We'll try each mod out in serial.
7. And we're done!

There are a bunch of variables to coding - like the version of software that i have, the version your car has, your model number, etc. In about 15% of cases some mods will not work. It will be obvious if this happens. I'm telling you this because i will not try to f-around and 'make it work'. It'll either work immediately or it will not and we'll have to move on. Just wanted to get this out for you guys driving in from out of state. We'll probably be cool but its really not worth the risk. Trying to force this could be a very expensive mistake.

Scared?

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 0