07-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #299
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
Hi guys. I recently replaced my NOx and all is well - engine running fine, no misfires and no codes. The exhaust seems to be more sooty than normal though. I recently put new plugs in and the index 11 injectors all seem ok as none of the plugs were wet or overly black. All seemed similar. Car does seem a bit less powerful these days but its still pretty quick so maybe im just more used to it (had it 5 years).

Any ideas? could it be the coilpacks or maybe the inlets - is on 70k.

or maybe im just over reacting. Its hard to quantify but it seems more soot than it used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
Hi guys. I recently replaced my NOx and all is well - engine running fine, no misfires and no codes. The exhaust seems to be more sooty than normal though. I recently put new plugs in and the index 11 injectors all seem ok as none of the plugs were wet or overly black. All seemed similar. Car does seem a bit less powerful these days but its still pretty quick so maybe im just more used to it (had it 5 years).

Any ideas? could it be the coilpacks or maybe the inlets - is on 70k.

or maybe im just over reacting. Its hard to quantify but it seems more soot than it used to.

Most likely it's nothing to worry about. More soot means more fuel (Un-burnt). So that could be driving style affected - short trips etc... have you tried an Italian tuneup - it does wonders for mine which is at 143k miles. The other things to check are lambs probes and (post cat). Ignition related problems will be highlighted by a misfire so you could also read for misfires however if bad enough your ecu will complain- misfires generally can also be felt so id be surprised if you hadn't noticed. One of those blue tooth readers are you best bet at reading misfires if you suspect.
Appreciate 0