View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010

Question ZSP Package eats rear tires. Rear inner wear normal?

It feels like I am buying tires every 2 years for this car. Initially I ran Michelin pilot sports but those only had 30k mileage warranty, staggered setup so 15k. Those would not even go 2 years. Then I switched to Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+ that are a 55k mile tire, 27.5k staggered and those made it about 2 1/2 years maybe close to 3. I do not drive much and those tires prob only had 20k on them. I had hope to get 4 years and closer to 30k out of those tires. However, when I got my highly discounted oil change from the dealer they did an inspection and both rear tires had a bald strip about inch, inch half on the inner section.

The thing is I always get a new alignment with tires because I have lifetime alignment. I know Firestone might not be the best but this last time I had a small shop that only does alignments. The alignment feels dead straight to me when it was first done and the alignment still feels good to this day. Am I just not getting good alignments or is it just the nature of negative camber?

Lastly, my car seems to always shimmy a tad here and there. Its very sensitive to road condition and some roads seem to just transmit a shimmy to my steering wheel. Even smooth paved ones. Mechanics have checked out the suspension parts and they all say everything is fine. The car is over 150k and I am surprised nothing in the rear is shot but they say its fine.

I did replace the rear with Koni orange sports. I just put the car on ramps and bolted everything down. Those shocks wouldn't cause weird wear would it?

While we are at it what tires should I get? I don't need winter tires but looking for comfortable highway ride. These are the three tires I am looking at.

Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 K120

Continental DWS06

Continental ExtremeContact Sport
Appreciate 0