Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWhartgeM3 View Post
I was looking at the RB turbos as well. Knowing a little more about VTT I'll stay away. I just did the water pump last winter so Im good there. I have a thread on N54 and I've been getting some help working though. Vacuum test came back strong, does the same thing whether I'm on Jb4 stand alone, running the 93 backend flash, or disabling all together. I get a low boost engine light when the tune is enabled, code 3100. After the injectors, plugs, and coils the car sounds pretty smooth and feels strong, just can't get past 12lbs and still running lean. I've been driving with JB4 disabled for a couple of days and I'm going to check to see if there are any stored codes. I reset adapatations and cleared codes right after I did all that work.

I also noticed smoke upon start up every once and a while.
Personally I would uninstall the jb4 and run on a 100% stock tune to rule out any variables. If you still think swapping the twins is the best go for it. It is not a fun job. But doable with patience and time.

I'm happy to help with any questions that come up!

Is this your daily driver? If you can limp for a few months a new inexpensive bottom mount turbo may be availible for sale with a cast manifold. 4kish.

Be a shame to do all the work for basically just stock twin turbos. The wastegates will end up rattling sooner than you want. My vote is single turbo but that is 5k.
Appreciate 0