09-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
Some more driving impressions:

Today I had the chance to test the Drexler LSD on some twisty hills. At the end, I really needed some motions sickness pills. The car pulls so hard out of corners like you wouldn't believe ! I really don't think I can take more lateral acceleration than this

When exiting corners hard, the exit is very "clean" with no unwanted fishtailing. The LSD transitions are very smooth, I can't feel them. If the traction is good, the car just pulls straight out of the corner like it is on rails. If the traction surface is not very good, you get some drifting but very natural and correctable.

However, I did try to accelerate hard on a wet section of the road (Nitto 555R rear tires), with DTC on (DTC button pressed once). The car goes sideways, and if you let off the throttle, it comes back in line but it does so more violently than with the open diff. I don't think it's a good idea to do this on snow or at higher speeds. Like everyone recommends, it's not a good idea to suddenly let off the throttle with an LSD. However it's not nearly as bad as I read in other reviews.

I feel that my car is now "complete". Without the LSD there were numerous occasions when the car seemed underpowered, but now I don't get this feeling anymore.
Appreciate 0