rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B005T3D-G View Post
It is loud without being offensive. Sounds bad in the video but I am in a built up area and floored it in 1st which for some reason sounds different than every other gear. This exhaust does slightly improve BHP and throttle response but not 18 BHP's worth. I'm guessing that was a quote from the manufacturer which I'd take with a fairly large pinch of salt. No offense meant but I've been tuning cars for quite some time now and have never seen gains like that from a back box alone unless combined with an Induction kit or cat delete IMHO. Who knows though, it may be correct. My MPG has gone down slightly but that's most likely due to my driving now there's some bark to it
I've not dyno'd it, and am frankly no expert, so you may well be right. You've got me thinking now so will see what I can find out from the Zed forum. Yes, I noticed you were in a built-up area, so that doesn't help so much to give an overall opinion. Got any photos before (actually, I'll have my own) and after??
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0