07-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
hcopeland
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite E92 335i

Garage List
Angry N54 Swap -> A total mess

So after a long venture I have finally got all the parts and the engine into the car, and it is still acting up. Ive been searching everywhere for solutions but I cant seem to find any thread or person who knows what is going on. So lets start at the beginning.

Back in January I posted a thread after I blew up my last motor. Based on circumstantial evidence I think the culprit was overboost and a failing injector.
And so I found a new engine out of a recked 08 335i. I also figured since I was tearing the whole thing apart I should do turbos and inlets. so the car right now has vrsf downpipes, vrsf relocated inlets, MHD stage 2 plus, and RB classics.

So the car is back together and the only things not on are the front bumper face, the headlights and the exhaust. This was the best time to make sure it ran before I put the rest together so I gave it a try. The battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge and my key fob got stuck in the ignition ... Swapped out batteries and slowly the car started to come back to life. I got the the point where it was firing but it won't start. I went on vacation for a week and came back to the battery dead again. Somehow spamming the ignition and brake make the car drop the key again... only for me to put it back in once charged and get it stuck again.

So here's where I need some community insight. I'm sure someone looking at this is either a code wizard or has been through the same thing. With out further ab due here is the mess that it currently is.

CAS
31, 03, A1,0A No found!
A0B2 supply, Terminal 30E/30L
A119 power supply, el.steering lock

DME
2AB4 DME, internal fault: RAM checksum
2DEC power management, battery
2ABC boost pressure sensor
3100 boost pressure control, deactivation
29F3 Fuel low pressure sensor electric
2FBC Fuel supply control valve, Signal
2F9A outside temperature sensor, communication
2E3X Fuel injector activation for 1,2,3,4,6
2E83 electric coolant pump power reduced operation
2E8E intellegent battery sensor communication

Note I haven't coded injectors or battery yet but from what I have read this should not be a problem.