View Single Post
      10-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
1. What other miscellaneous parts do I need? (ie. wires, harness, etc) Please pretend I am a complete newbie and kindly direct me to the types (gauges? power wires? fuse box?) of wires needed and etc. I am trying to do a quality install and if adding fuse breakers etc to the setup is needed for a long run, I would like to do it, please help.
- Technic L7 harness
- 16-gauge crimp connectors
- In-line fuse holder with 40 or 50 amp fuse
- 8-gauge positive power wire, about 4-5 feet
- Ring terminal for connection to positive battery post
or
- proprietary plug that connects to distribution block on top of battery (Technic supplies this along with correct length wire)
- 8-gauge ground wire, about 4-5 feet
- Ring terminal to connect to OEM battery grounding point
- 16-gauge speaker wire (spool of 25 feet should be more than enough)

Quote:
2. Which 2-ch. amp is most cost efficient while providing the quality and the best bang of for the buck to drive the SWS-8xi's 2ohms, given my setup with MS-8? Recommendations? Most widely used and popular?
Rockford Fosgate 300-2 or 300-1 is pretty popular. It's not audiophile grade but then again neither are the speakers you're driving with it...

I would go with the 2-channel version because you will get some midbass separation which helps with imaging.

Quote:
3. How do I wire these things? Specifically, the tapping the power (I am scared ) from the battery? Do I have to add fuse boxes, power connectors? How to wire the MS-8, 2-ch amp, and SWS-8 with Technic's harness?

4. If there are any guides or a link that I may have missed with pictures, it would be greatly appreciated.
There are some examples already on the forum. Search function is your friend.