United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.f.leonard View Post
My plan is to sound deaden the trunk and get an LC2i next to help with the bass signal. Then, depending on how it sounds, I may get a smaller amp and different subs to better match the car and I might eventually upgrade the rear deck speakers and amp those as well.

Thanks for all the help on my "journey" to a better sound system. The Match speakers sound GREAT with the JL JX400/4d and I plan to get the JL JX1,000.1d if I change subs.
You could buy a 5 channel amp and bridge the channels for your mid-base sub(s), under the seats, leaving room for a bigger sub (10 or 12") on the 5th channel. You will need to upgrade the subs to at least the BMW Individual Audios, at a bare minimum, in order for them to handle the bridged power.

You could even buy 6 or 8 channel amp with the same thought process in mind giving you greater flexibility.

Alpine & JL Audio are predominately the "favored" amps by BMW owners specifically PDX & XD versions (levels), in those two brands.

I have been looking at JL Audio subwoofers and the trunk, corner mounted enclosures. You can get one on eBay shipped from GB 🇬🇧 for about $180.00. I can find any bad reviews on their subwoofers.

Under the seat mid-base subs can be a headache to try and find. I personally don't like my Logic 7. They are muddy in sound... sound like sh@t.

The Jenhert XE200's are probably the best mid-has subs for our cars, but they aren't cheap. $450 or so brand new and about $350.00 used.... 💰💰💰💰

The kicker SSMB 8 is probably the 2nd best mid-base sub foe our car, but good luck finding them used!! 😒🤔

The Bav Sound Ghost Subwoofers get very good reviews on the M3 forum, from those who have the BMW IA system, but they are $600.00 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
Appreciate 0