05-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #7668
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
50 is pretty low though even if your HPFP is still fine meth can help btw, the DME will go negative on trims making the job of your LPFP easier. the only solution is an inline or upgraded pump
I think a LPFP solution is the way I'll be going (thankfully an inline doesn't seem to be a super difficult job), I'm not a huge fan of meth as fueling bandaid, though I understand the benefits it can provide. Ultimately I'd like to go to RB or VTT Stg2 snails using E40-50 with no meth, my hope is that with a not insanely aggressive protune, I can get something in the neighborhood of 450whp without Meth. It sounds like until then i'll have to stay away from the E30 maps as they're constructed, which is a bummer seeing as how much the motor clearly likes the additional octane and knock resistance (with regards to timing corrections and whatnot).

Edit: I guess the best way to ask my question is this- if trims and AFRs look good (in addition to the "normal" things we log), is it still a poor choice to run the E30 map? So far as I can tell, the LPFP PSI is the only issue with my log.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0