View Single Post
      08-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
'___'
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30 View Post
I just wanted to hear your thought on the kit? I saw you were running one. Why so long to make sure everything is up and running? Thought it was a pretty straight forward install and tune?
I've been waiting till I have a free weekend to put my clutch in and do break in before turning up the boost. I have also just been trying to get it out and stretch its legs a little here and there when I have time to just look for consistency in performance and make sure the car is running correctly. Then I saw a little smoke one day in my rear view mirror while in low rpm and decent load (read uphill in slow traffic). So, I am trying to diagnose that as well. I hooked my boost gauge up to a barbed fitting I drilled and tapped into my oil cap and found I am reading a slight positive pressure in the crankcase under all conditions as opposed to vacuum. So, next is to remove the rb valve and shorten the pcv line from my turbo to the pcv valve and recheck. I'd be super interested to see what other single turbo guys are seeing in their crankcases as I don't know of anyone who has even mentioned do any sort of testing in that area for their single kit...
Appreciate 0