View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #1282
shimstack
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 6MT RWD

Hi Everybody!

I just spent a few hours reading this whole thread. Nice work pushing the hardware and documenting the progress.

I just bought crimpwimp 's E91 6MT RWD and I'm looking into options for more power. The ESS supercharger looks like it gets me what I want (linear power delivery, great response, and some help up here at altitude) but it may present some problems with emissions testing here in Denver.

The test centers just recently started checking CVN on the DME to verify that the car is running factory software. My buddy just learned this the hard way on his (formerly my) M235i with an MHD flash. I assume there's no chance the ESS kit will run and pass emissions with factory software? I would think that with the M3 injectors the fuel trims will error out pretty quickly if it even runs at all on the stock maps.

Any insight into this? I don't mind doing a little "reconfiguration" every couple years, but I'd like the car to run cleanly anyway, and I sure as hell don't want to be R&Ring the SC kit for testing.
Appreciate 0