Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimstack View Post
Has anyone tried to run this kit on the stock software, but with a piggyback like JB4?

How about locating the MAF sensor in a larger tube? I fabricated a turbo system for my 2001 Tundra (3.4 V6) and it runs well and passes testing with a larger MAF calibrator tube and MKIII Supra injectors. The 3.4 Toyota motor/ECU is a dinosaur compared to the N52, so I'm sure there's more to consider here.

Last one: Back in the day I had a 1991 Saab 900 SPG with a larger turbo and a lot of hardware mods, but since it was an EPROM based ECU, chip tuning wasn't a thing. I was able to get power out of it using an additional injector setup and a separate standalone controller that added mappable fuel above a certain boost level. I know people add port injection to the turbo BMWs, maybe that could help keep the stock software but support the supercharger?
Not sure, we have no emission in wa state no longer so easy up here but I passed prior no problem just switched from alpha tune to reading MAF. Now, too much work done so not sure…
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0