08-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #45
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaMBaM4002 View Post
wait..so the cornering lights are H3 and the halos are H8 ? not the other way around ?
Yes, H3 for the cornering and H8 for the Angel Eyes.

And the reason why the LED solution for the e92 is so costly is that it's not just a simple LED. It has to be SUPER Bright so the light reaches both angel eyes and making an LED that bright causes it to heat up and malfunction. There is a lot of work that goes into ensuring the LED stays cool. They use heatsinks and resistors and a lot of other shit I really don't know too much about. Personally, i went with the HID angel eyes because they are DEFINITELY the brightest solution out there. The new LUX LED for e92's is the only one that comes close to the brightness of the HID's but i don't like how white the LUX LED's look. You can get the HID's in dozens of diff temperatures from 2,300k all the way up to 20,000k.

Hope that helped.
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0