03-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #42
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsairius View Post
Vibration damper/pulley has been replaced and the squeaking/squealing is gone. The "after" video I took pick up what sounds like some squeaking, but I don't hear it in person so I'm assuming its because of how the mic on my phone picked up the sound and how it was processed, etc. I'll be keeping an ear out though for any more squeaks/squeals.

The shop said the pulleys and the belts all looked fine and they didn't raise any concerns about any of the other noises, so I'm not too concerned at this point. They did say though that my oil pan is just starting to seep the tiniest bit, so that's just GREAT. However, they said it's nothing to be concerned about yet. That and apparently my car's "p/s rear axle seal" likely needs to be replaced soon (I take p/s to mean passenger side).

Otherwise, the sounds that are being made other than the squeaking/squealing didn't seem to change much. The idle maybe sounds a bit "cleaner" in the after video, but that's about it.

Before vid:

After vid:

Yes, I know recording video in portrait orientation is bad. These videos though are more for listening than watching. :P

Have you checked the axle seals yourself ? To see what they are talking about. ?
Appreciate 0