andreu12qw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranK View Post
Hi All,

I've had the Eibach Pro's in my car for a while now, paird with some Bilstein B8's. The car rides and handles really well but the front is way lower than I expected. Theres not even a single fingers gap and it scrubs a lot.

I'm running -1.5 degrees front camber which tucks the tops into the arches a lot too.

I'm trying to work out why it might be that low. I've got some E30 front perches on order to bring it up 10mm and I was considering just getting the 20mm BMW spacers for the front but I think that might be too much. Fixing it isn't the issue, its the reason its that low to start with.

Maybe the rubber seats are too squished? Could have 5 - 10 mm there. Otherwise I can't think of why it might be like this.

Note I cross checked the part number on the front springs to confirm it was the Pro springs and not the lower Sport springs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian
So I had this exact problem with my car. 2011 335i M-Sport. I am slowly detailing my "build" in the Sal-hoon thread in the photos section. I don't have any photos located yet but I will continue to dig. When I first installed the B-12 kit I lived in the middle of nowhere, California and the roads were actually nice. The car drove well on the road and on the track. The ride quality is really nice and I would have kept this kit on if I did not move to LA. With all of the steep entranceways and deep intersection dips, I started to destroy the front bumper and intercooler. I really wish I could influence Mark@Eibach or Tanner at Eibach or anyone else there to increase the ride height but I know Eibach is slammed with much larger and more profitable projects. (not a knock but just reality)

If I could go back, I would have installed BMW's 20mm spacer along with some fixed camber plates or go with the Koni/Eibach kit. Nonetheless, I liked the simplicity of this kit and the car felt very stable.

I contacted Tirerack when I was experiencing all of this and they helped out by taking the kit back and refunding me! Very nice of them to do! They also published a note on their page. See below. At this time I could not locate the 20mm spacers or else I would not have returned the kit.

Since then I have gone the coilover route. They are more fussy to deal with and the longevity is not there like you get with a set of Bilstein's but I am at the "perfect ride height" for me.

You are not alone with this frustrating issue. I would love to see what the 20mm spacers would do for the stance. If there is anything else I can provide, please don't hesitate to ask.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0