Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechicken View Post
TBH my AS rack is almost at it's last breath, 200k miles with a lowered suspension and 19" wheels have left it's toll.

I already contacted ZF as their HQ is in the vicinity, and there is no refurbishing possibility for the AS rack, only to buy a new one, that costs around 2500€ (~2800usd), I never liked it anyways, too mushy for my driving style, and is a pretty problematic system.

On the other hand, I found a brand new M3 rack for 600€ (680usd), and am willing to give it a shot, I wouldn't mind a firmer steering wheel.

It just remains to decode the AS so that it doesn't give faults, and eventually somehow retrofit the Servotronic, some e87 guys did it, but no one gave exact instructions, I guess I'll have to explore and discover for myself.
I haven't done this yet but have done the coding for others and it's certainly in the queue. You should be able to just remove AS from your VO and add Servotronic, default coding it all afterwards. Servotronic itself is wired in the JBBF, where you should also check to make sure it is coded aktiv. There's also a cutoff point in JBBF modules that support this, you'll need to be JBBFEII.C06 or higher.

Here's a link to the wiring schematic. https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...tronic/v6RC5hy