View Single Post
      09-12-2017, 05:02 AM   #5
Hunty93
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i N43 Touring

I've got the same code as you on Bank 2.

I've only had the vehicle for around 2/3 weeks, I've always known it to be an engine management light but after googling it is the increased emissions light.

I've always let her idle before driving until the other day, the light didn't come on but i could tell for first mile it was very lumpy.

The injector is getting coded hopefully tonight as my tech (very close family friend) owns his own garage I've got to try and slip my self in a quiet period to get it done as i don't want to seem like I'm taking the piss. Hopefully his machine can highlight something as my simple code reader only shows a code if a warning light pops up. I think ill change the coils over tonight after coding.

All the wiring and earth seems okay. I'm starting to get concerned about the oil pressure light as I'm now thinking timing chain. But after a oil change and putting a endoscope in the sump I couldn't see any plastic there as I know the plastic runs snap - doesn't prove that the chains not knackered I know.

If not that, DME update? but I've had a quote from BMW that is close to £1000.

After doing an oil change I had a yellow car on a lift - I've in the book that its linked to brake lamps or fuel supply malfunction. Vanished once I restarted the car.

The joke is once shes warm and running she seems fine, but I'm just concerned I'm doing more damage.
Appreciate 0