View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep
Drives: A lot of BMWs...

xDelete - Configure your xDrive through your Smartphone!

xDelete - Configure your xDrive

is the worldwide first tool to let xDrive owners enjoy their car in full RWD mode!

xDelete will hit the market in December 2018! Turning off your xDrive and enjoying your car in full RWD mode is only minutes away, after downloading the App!

Facts:
  • Smartphone/Tablet App to configure your xDrive-System. Available for Android and in 2019 for iOS as well.
  • 100% safe for your car
  • Not detectable by the dealer
  • No hardware to install, just a simple 30 second process through your Smartphone or Tablet
  • No fault codes triggered
  • Steering Assist, ABS & DSC stay fully functional
  • You can leave your car in RWD mode forever, or you can change between AWD and RWD mode all the time. Just as you like.
  • Pricing: 149 USD/EUR per car, lifetime license per VIN/Owner
  • Unlimited vehicles per device & google account
  • Yearly subscription service for professiontal tuners available on request
  • Developed by the same team, that did xHP Flashtool

Required Hardware:
  • Android Device, running min. Android 5.0, USB-OTG compatible)
  • USB OTG Adapter
  • Standard OBD/INPA cable OR Thor Wifi Adapter (Both avail. at www.bimmergeeks.net for America and www.bimmer-connect.com for EU )

What vehicles are supported?
  • From the start we'll be supporting ALL BMW E90, E91, E92, E60 and E61. E70 and E71 to, but only those with 6-Speed Auto. 8-Speed models will follow. (it's not about the transmission, but the 8-Speed models use the same transfer-case-controller as the later F-Series)
  • Eventually also E53 and E83, needs to be investigated still
  • Support for F-Series will be ready for the Spring-Season 2019

Teaser on YT

FAQ

Q: What is this?
A: xDelete is an App for Android Smartphones/Tablets, due to release in Dec. 2018. It will enable you to switch your BMW with AWD (All-Wheel-Drive) to full RWD (Rear-Wheel-Drive) mode.

Q: Whats that good for?
A:
  • Being able to switch between modes, opens up various fun things. BMW and Mercedes understood that as well and made their latest and greatest AMG and M cars also switchable between AWD and RWD.
  • You get two cars in one. RWD in Summer, AWD in Winter.
  • Get rid of the understeery behaviour the xDrive system generates
  • Drift your xDrive properly in dry/wet conditions
  • Maybe do a burnout here and there
  • Protect the xDrive from too much torque in big power cars
  • As the xDrive’s transfer components fail here and there and are expensive, you may also just turn it off, instead of repairing.

Q: Is this only for Auto BMW?
A: No. It does not matter if your car is equipped with Manual or Auto Transmission.

Q: What about iOS/Apple?
A: Not yet. We will port xDelete to iOS somewhere in 2019.

Q: What hardware do I need to use xDelete?
A: Either a normal OBD INPA cable or Thor Wifi Adapter. Both available at www.bimmer-connect.com for EU and www.bimmergeeks.net for US

Q: Is this part of xHP?
A: No, it's a separate App and is not related to xHP.

Q: Is this bad for the All-Wheel-Drive?
A: No. It won't do any harm, to any components of your car.

Q: How do you do it?
A: We flash the xDrive ECU (called VGSG) with an altered dataset, to keep the transfer case clutch open all the time. This means, your front wheels won't be driven any more.

Q: Do I need to have my Android connected to car all the time?
A: No. You only need to connect it, when you want to switch between AWD and RWD.

Q: Does this affect the rest of the car?
A: No. You can use your vehicle normally and all other components will work just like they did before.

Q: Do I lose my factory warranty?
A: In theory, yes. Practically the usage of xDelete is not detectable for BMW testers or any other tool.

Q: Can i use xDelete permanently?
A: Yes, you can drive your car all the time in RWD mode. No downsides with that.

Q: How often can I switch between AWD and RWD?
A: As often as you like. There is no limit.

Q: Do I need a charger for flashing?
A: The flash is very fast. No charger needed.

Q: I use JB4...anything to know?
A: JB4 tends to disturb flash processes, even when set to Map 0. If the flash fails with JB4 on Map 0, please disconnect it for the flash.

Q: I use an Awron Data Diplay....anything to know?
A: Please turn it off for the flash. You can turn it on again afterwards. Same goes for similar displays.

Q: Will there be a special license for Tuners?
A: We will offer a yearly subscription service for Tuners. Please e-mail us at office@rbttuning.com for a quote.

Q: Will there be a Desktop/Laptop version?
A: No, we won’t port it to Desktop.

Feel free to drop your questions here, we'll be monitoring this thread on a regular basis and post all updates regarding release and future functions!

Last edited by RBT-Tuning; 02-01-2019 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 2
4 Doors1166.50