06-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #104
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2-335 View Post
Thanks for the DIY. I just did this DIY last night with the same castrol multi-vehicle ATF.

Unfortunately my car no longer up-shifts very well from gear 3-4. It feels like it slips for half a second especially when the car is cold. The gear shift between 3-4 gets better as the car/transmission warms up. All the other gears shift as they did before which is a good thing. Downshifting from 5-4 has no problems at all

Im not sure what the problem could be. I got ~5 liters back in the tranny while filling using the instructions given in this DIY. Could it be that my transmission fluid is a little low/too high? or that the castrol ATF is not mixing well with the oem fluid.

BTW my e92 335i has 60,000 miles on it and had no tranny problems prior to changing the fluid. I did this DIY because my mechatronic sleeve was leaking.

Any help or suggestions would be great
I will repost once I figure out the problem
If you are experiencing problems then I would take it to a trans shop and replace the fluid with oem. I would also have them look at your mechtronic sleeve install. What you are experiencing could be anything, ie low fluid, wrong install, ect...too expensive to guess and putz around with it. Good luck and post an update.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0