10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #26
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennadiyk View Post
^ A bit sensitive are we? I'm just saying that this is not THAT important and I'm sure they will release a Y cable that will work. And hopefully no one will die without Pandora until then. BTW, you can still charge your iPhone 5 in your car. Need instructions?
If BMW will make a new Y cable, it will cost you $100+(which is about the same as used iPod Touch) because of apple's active pin technology that backed into your lightning cable.
I'm not trying to sell iPod idea, I'm just saying there are alternative ways of doing things.
Not sensitive at all, just making a point. While BMW might make a new Y-cable with a native Lightning connector, I doubt it. Given that they stopped producing cars that used Y-cables over two years ago, I suspect their answer will just be for owners of those cars with iPhone 5s to get the normal Y-cable and attach one of the Lightning adapters Apple offers (which includes the authenticator chip and active pin management) to the dock end. That will get you charging and analog audio output.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0