View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Nice write up to the OP. Just one clarification: What the OP is calling the "Upper Control Arm" is actually referred to as the front "Thrust Arm" in the Bentley service manual and BMW calls it a "Tension Strut". It can get confusing.

Regarding popping the ball joints. I can't speak to the lower control arm (BMW calls it a "Wishbone" BTW), but I did replace the Thrust Arms and mine literally fell out of the steering knuckle. This on my car at 183,000 miles. I'd imagine the wishbone ball joint would be just as easy, or need a bit of finesse with a ball peen hammer.
there all the same, upper/lower control arm is easier lol! I just go by what the kit calls it that way people know....I agree with what you are saying as it does state this in the manual. Top is the same pulls out by hand.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0