View Single Post
      01-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

I would absolutely get the car with a good detail the first day you buy it. Protection from the moment you own it is important. Don't wait.

First - if you spend some time on the zaino website, i think they have some great tips on how to use their products.
There is also a sticky in this forum that has great how to's with Zaino. . . . check them out. You don't NEED to use Zaino car wash to wash the car just because you are using Z-5 etc.

After washing, i would highly recommend claying the car. It won't take you long if it is absolutely a brand new car, but it is an important step. If you are going to spend the time to wax and/or seal, claying is a good idea.

Also, z5 is not a wax - it is a sealant in itself. . . .just like Z-CS - but Z-CS can be a topper utilized with Z5. Z-5 is fine by itself imo, but if you wanna use z-cs, go for it. I've actually never used Z-CS, but I think its okay to layer immediately after the Z5.

As far as using Z-8, I wouldn't apply it after Z-CS.
What I would do is use the Z-8 to maintain the car. After every time you wash the car, I would dry it, and then come back with the z-8 and use it as a quick detailer. It will help maintain the shine and gloss. Don't use too much - a little goes a long with with all of Zaino's products.

Good luck!

BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
Appreciate 0