07-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Would I be bored?

The PCP on my car is up in December. Crap time to change a car and the circumstances that led to me getting mine in December in the first place were out of my control. Ideally I'd change early, but only if I can settle the outstanding finance without taking a major hit. Regardless of that I've been considering a number of options.

I'd pretty much decided on a Scirocco R as my next car. Then plans were put on hold due to a combination of things and I started to rethink. I love the E92but I feel like a change, so for the moment another BMW is not on the cards.

Scirocco R still holds my interest, because it's different, looks great in the right colour and will be quite rare. But is it overpriced for what it is? Not quite convinced it will feel like a 30k car...but I do like it!

Always wanted a Porsche 911, but will put this on hold for a couple of years I think. It would mean changing Ali's car to something more practical to enable loading equipment for gigs and the running costs don't sit well with a 2 year pay freeze.

Audi A5/S5. Having seen and heard Helen's S5, I could happily buy one, but the fuel consumption doesn't make sense with my 5 day sitting in traffic for 4 miles. So I looked at the A5. A baffling array of choices and some cracking used cars in the market. Thing is I've always been a petrol fan...but everything points to the big diesel as being the better car.

I've never owned a diesel, only driven one and have been a fan of manual, high revving petrol engines for years. So...would I be bored? Or would the diesel win me over? There are several high spec 58/09 plates out there with reasonable mileage. I only drive about 8-10k a year and my daily commute is totally urban.

Thoughts?

RockIt!
Appreciate 0