View Single Post
      03-25-2007, 03:21 AM   #16
Inkidoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trima View Post
I just had a warning indicator come on that I'm a quart low on oil. That normally wouldn't concern me too terribly much, but I'm surprised that I'd need to add oil this soon (only 3,500 miles).

I don't see any signs of leakage in the garage. I drive it fairly aggressively, but I'm not a drag racer or anything. Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance...
This is normal, I had the same problem, and I decided to change the Oil at 7000K. What happends is that (this is what the dealer said): "the car in its breaking in process will eat a lot of oil, but adding one quart it will be just fine". However, I thought it was better the change the whole thing . The car felt better, or maybe it was just me.

And yes, I think you have been pulling the Pedal to the Metal in your driving. :rocks: lol
|| 335i Sedan || Montego Blue || Black Leather || Aluminum Trim || Sport Package || STEPTRONIC || Paddle Shifters || BWM Assist/Bluetooth || Park Distance Control || Comfort Access || Navigation System || Satellite Radio ||
Appreciate 0