View Single Post
      09-10-2017, 03:37 AM   #5
Jet1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

So bmw diagnosed a water leak from the radiator. ( said they did a pressure test and it was coming from a gap that they deemed was caused by a stone chip) this no being covered by my warranty.

The water pump is showing no communications to the ecu but is apparently still working.( they want to replace this which is coveredby warranty)

So i made the decision to have them replace the pump and I'd get my Indy to do the radiator. They were meant to so the pump on Fri and me get the radiator done on Sat but the pump didn't arrive so I took the car back off them in the agreement is get the radiator done on Sat and bring the car back to them on Monday. Fast forward to sat evening. Brand new radiator in and system is all bled correctly. Took the car for a drive and boom engine too hot warning comes on and the car goes into that power restriction mode. I'm so pissed off because my gut feeling was the water pump or maybe the temp sensor. The cars been parked over night so I'm going to check if it's lost an coolant as I filled it to the brim before driving it last night. I had a visual check down the front and couldn't see any leaks so I'm clueless now as to what it could be. Can a sized water pump cause a coolant leak? I'm angry as I reckon bmw have misdiagnosed the fault which has caused me to spend quite abit of money on it.
Appreciate 0