yayaya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi E92 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaya View Post
Haha yeah should have put in same thread. Not that I believe these people but part of me wanted an excuse to try and make an AWD S65.

All I wanted them to do was put on new valve cover and address DME boost code and they could only do one of those things. Mechanic first said there would be camshaft scoring there isn't, and now they are saying cam is not turning turning to open intake valves, yet no camshaft or Vanos faults... Any thoughts on boost issue?

Suspect they want me to buy a car from them. Mentioned the m4 and they told me they had no used on the lot and do not sell used m4s very often. Lo and behold there's a now a pre owned m4 on the lot...
I'm going to guess he can't tell the eccentric shaft for valvetronic from the actual intake cam. "hard to turn" and "no scoring" wouldn't make any sense. You started posting about a S65 swap, you should try and diagnose the car yourself if you aren't going to find a new shop.

Besides the code, what issue(s) are you actually having? A S65 swap would be 20-30k, way more than a new N55 if it is actually bad.
Car starts off fine acceleration and boost are normal but after 10 minutes of driving or so it goes into limp mode. Sometimes car stays in limp mode and sometimes boost will come back during the trip, but it always goes back into limp mode.
Appreciate 0