View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #557
rofltron
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
I didn't even know you could get this cover, no one offered me this when I got my car. Will have to ask them now.

I would have thought they would be covered by the warranty but that is only 1 year and by the looks of this thread it's hit or miss that they will anyway.

Considering the alloy cracking issue I would have brought the price down in the negotiations, far better to spend on this than that waste of time Supaguard.

I guess it depends on the value of the car and if you intend to keep the 19" alloys.

If it was me I would think about it at £250, if I could bring the price down to below £200 i.e £65 a year I would most seriously consider that.
It's part of the BMW Protect option: https://www.bmwprotect.co.uk/Static/AlloyWheelRepair

But having read into it, they class it as 'minor repairs' and I can't see them classing cracks as 'minor'.

I'm going to let them know if I want the cover on Friday, and i'll try and barter with them more, but at the end of the day, I mentioned the alloy wheel cracking issue to the salesperson, and he claimed to have never heard of it....

I guess i'll need them to clarify what they class as 'minor' before i make any decisions.
Appreciate 0