View Single Post
      03-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #87
rflow
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
He seems to be hooking up. The right rear will usually always hook with an open diff and DRs. Then all that power gets transfered to the left rear and thats when it usually blows the tires off. If the track prep is good, the left rear will hook too. It was hard to see with the smoke, but all I heard was a squeal and he took off.

Not sure what the torque increase is with the AA catback tune. It may have less bottom end torque which would help ease the launch. The PROCede just makes a lot down real low, which is great if you can harness it. WalkedU's 1.7x on Nitto street tires is a testament to that. Track prep is such a huge factor. I am sure rflow can shed some light on it, but it looks to be a pretty good track. I am sure the So Cal guys will get hooked up and be in the 12s soon once they get to a decent track.

I had the same problem with an LSD to where I was spinning with slicks leaving with a transbrake. It hooked once, then the next pass it hooked again and sheered teeth off the ring gear and cracked the whole posi unit in half. I went to a spool after that.
Moroso is an okay track. The only problem is someone always oils the track and ruins the test and tune. I only got two passes last time out so I had to make them count. If i lean on the convertor some more it will get high 1.7's to 1.80. I don't see anybody getting 1.7's on street tires at Moroso. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0