E92Brembo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E92 ZCP DCT

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
You've come to the right place, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks that will help you. Here's some background that will help in the meantime: BMW started installing the Combox (hardware) in September of 2010 on 2011 models, and ConnectedDrive (software) started getting installed in March 2011. So, if by some fluke your car's manufacture date is outside those dates, that would explain the situation.

Assuming your car is the correct "vintage" (and therefore has the combox hardware), it sounds like it doesn't have the coding/programming for ConnectedDrive.

Since you bought this car new from the dealer, it is all on them to make sure the car has the options it was represented to have. I would put all the onus on them to get this straight - after all, it's a brand new car and it's not showing the options for which you paid!
Rehashing an old thread here...I have the unlucky build date of 09/10 on my 2011 M3. Possibly one of the first cars to have combox according to quoted statement above. I have the combox i'm assuming b/c i can stream BT audio but do not have connected drive. (I couldn't use BT audio on my 2010 model.)

Reaching out to the experts here for knowledge as im getting confused reading all this. Is this just a software flash or do i need a retrofit to have "connecteddrive?"
Appreciate 0