05-04-2015, 05:26 AM   #47
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish8895 View Post
I spoke to a colleague whose partner is a police officer. She said her partner said as soon as he pulled his badge, he was in the wrong.
Sorry, it is sometimes dangerous listening to someone who has a friend/partner/husband as a police officer. They are not always right - and this is one of those cases ... at least in relation to what is above !

I have had a police warrant card for over 26 years and only 'pulled' it about 5 times when off duty. There is nothing wrong with identifying yourself and in fact, if you ignore something you can get disciplined - I should add that when I have done it that 3 of those 5 times have resulted in arrests - one for threatening the staff in a restaurant where I was eating, one for drink drive and one for robbery. I think that should give an idea I do not do it lightly.

The officer (if, as I have said earlier they really were) has every right to identify themselves. The issue is when and why + the bit afterwards on the basis of what you have posted makes me think they are a)stupid or b) not a police officer.
Appreciate 0