View Single Post
      09-15-2006, 07:42 AM   #80
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinfo_us
I've made one extra board so I could take pictures and in hope that by describing/showing the process I would make it easer for somebody who does not have a lot of experience in electronics to build it. Obviously I did not need it and put it together only to help you. That board went to the first person who wanted it. When I mentioned early that I'll try to modify it so LED brightness could be adjusted. I was going to take the board currently installed in my car, do the mod, make sure it works, put it back and report back to you guys with the result and details on "how to" so you have a choice to follow my original instructions or go for a little bit more advanced but more flexible solution. It is not really a big deal for me to build another board to experiment with than send it to you assuming radioshack got the parts in stock (last time they had only two chips so ...). The bigger issue really is that IF let's say I build one more board it is gonna make one of you happy -- what about the rest? You see nothing gets resolved. I don't want to start mass productions of these boards. They cost pennies but they take time to build. On one hand I don't want to ask too much $$ for it because that would defeat the purpose of DIY all together on another hand I can't spend my time doing it for nothing. Actually I don't even have much time to begin with ... I do believe that anyone regardless of how much experience you have can build one by yourself. What do you have to lose? - $10 or so? All you need is few parts and 9V battery than solder it together – even if you fry the chip somehow (BTW I put the D1 there so it is not that easy to do ) the chip is like $1.50 by two just in case -- is this eally a big deal for any of you? I am sure you’ll get it to work – it is really VERY simple. And if you've got questions I am monitoring this thread from time to time and will try to answer them best I can. GL
Excellent point...as i said earlier, I totally agreed with you and it seems to me you have bent over backward to help many folks with this. You even built another board just to provide more detail document and you have answered everyone questions. I was just being lazy so forgive me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
Hey, msinfo_us thanks for the detail info on the board. I have yet to look at your video. But I think your recent update should help a few more folks to do the mod.
Appreciate 0