11-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Dylan484
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
Far from a pro, but I hit the wheels first without rinsing the whole car (Chem Guys wheel cleaner spray, then bucket wash with it's own bucket). Realistically the rest of your rinses really depend on how fast the water is evaporating. Can you get it in the shade at a cool time of day?

When I dry, i hit the whole car very quickly with one towel just to get the major water off, then I spray with spray sealant and do a final dry with another towel. Then hit jambs.

You can "feel" the paint with some spray sealant or quick detailer on it, if it's smooth you don't necessarily need to clay bar again. Then review the paint for scratches and consider polishing (or compounding before that if necessary) prior to waxing.
Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend chemical guys products? I see a lot of people talk about them and would like to try some out but I would have to order from online somewhere.

If so, what products would you recommend me getting to start with? I do have some of there microfiber and drying towels that I love.

Thanks, Dylan
Appreciate 0