View Single Post
      10-12-2020, 07:11 AM   #1
EjBimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i RWD Base Model

Windshield Washer Circuit Issue

2010 328i RWD.
I had a sudden failure of the windshield washer one day mid-squirt, right after fluid started coming out of the nozzles. When I pull the wiper stalk, the wipers move 3-4 times, but there is no fluid being pumped. All other buttons/stalk functions on the steering wheel work fine. I have had someone pull the stalk with my ear against the F/R quarter panel, and hear no pump sound. At first I thought it was just a dead pump, but I took it to local indy shop for inspection and they said the circuit is not receiving voltage at the fuse box, and the problem is likely the stalk switch. What does not make sense to me is, if the stalk is bad, how can the wipers still move 3-4 times when the stalk is pulled toward the driver? Seems more like a control module issue to me, but I am not familiar with exactly what signals are sent and where from the wiper stalk/ how it actually works. I know there have been other similar posts, but I could not find details of how exactly that stalk switch itself actually operates. Any help out there? Thanks.
Appreciate 0