View Single Post
      01-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #19
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in thanking everybody for the reply... I've been traveling and the site didn't notify me of the replies... in any event... I do have a Cobb already. I'm trying to figure out about ordering a FMIC - I just installed a AFE cold air intake (closed), and updated the car to the latest Alpin. D3 transmission update. The reason I was asking was more because these cars generate a ton of heat. my water pump went out recently and now I've got to change the T-stat and piping (as the BMW place wanted additional labor for those parts even though they were going to remove them anyway... but when I was at the dealer - the guys there were telling me for the upgrade, they add the extra radiator, and upgrade the cold air intake - they said it would significantly reduce the amount of heat buildup - which I want to call bullshit - but I'm not sure - I know the actual gains are not much at all - they claim 20 more hp - well so does this AFE - and all it does is make the car drink more gas (or drink faster). So that was more for the question - the Cobb makes a good performance increase - hopefully the FMIC will add additional value as well... Thx everybody...
Appreciate 0