View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
relative4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90 MT stage 1+

VRSF 5" stepped FMIC fitment problems

'08 335xi E90 manual. After 7 weeks of empty promises and fake tracking numbers, I finally received my 5" stepped FMIC from VRSF. And hilarity ensued.
I sent the below to Tiago, and his response indicated he does not understand the problem at all. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to resolve this? Thanks!

I received the intercooler today and attempted installation tonight. There are substantial fitment issues, particularly on the right side.

The intercooler’s inlet is jammed up against the radiator, so that the hose cannot be fitted over the inlet sufficiently to clamp. In this picture, you can also see that the intercooler is not parallel with the radiator. I was wondering if the included rubber washer should go between the intercooler and the mounting plastic to lower and align the intercooler and provide the space needed, but this was impossible because the included screws are not long enough to go through the aluminum flange and the rubber washer and still have enough length to mount in the plastic. Since the holes in the flange are large relative to the screws and their heads, I am currently using fender washers to protect the flanges from the screw heads. My initial assumption was that the rubber washer should go between the mounting flange and the screw head, but as mentioned above the screw isn’t long enough.
Name:  Intercooler vs Radiator low res.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  186.5 KB

Since the intercooler is not parallel with the radiator, I checked the fit of the cooling fan. Sure enough, no fit on the right side. The side of the fan housing jams up against the intercooler inlet hose.
Name:  Intercooler vs Fan low res.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  565.2 KB

Since no installation instructions are provided in the box or on your website, can you please explain what needs to be done to make this fit?
Appreciate 0