View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 06:49 PM   #13
Rube
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Thanks for the tips everyone, i finally got around to installing the IC today and it went in without issue. I trimmed the piece exactly as the OP showed. I agree that the IC inlet hose is a tad bit short, another 1/2" in length would be perfect.

For mounting, I picked up these wood screws from home depot which have the same thread pitch but are sliiiightly larger than the original screws.I picked up #14 x 1-1/2" and also #14 x 1-1/4" . I ended up using the #14 x 1-1/2". The screws worked great, the only issue was they are counter sunk flat head phillips, they were out of stock in regular phillips head in that 1-1/2" length, still they worked perfectly fine. I mounted the IC, placed the supplied rubber washer from VRSF, then a regular washer under that then the screw.

Few other tips, wear eye protection when working under the car, i was amazed at the amount of dirt, sand and other crap that came out when i was removing the stock IC.
I also used a scissor jack to support the VRSF intercooler while i maneuvered it into place and to hold it in place while i screwed it in, worked like a charm.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0