View Single Post
      05-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
PR1MOWAGEN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Touring

Ok, so I've generally switched back and forth between Mother's California Gold detailing spray and Meguiars Quik Detailer spray over the years. I liked the value of MQD, because it's often sold for around the same price as Mother's, and you get almost twice as much. However, I always thought Mother's was a better product (for a light detailing spray).

With the perspective of spray waxes, I've also used both, but I always turn back to a long-standing, long-lasting favorite, Turtle Wax - Wax & Dry spray. It's been, by far, the best spray wax I've ever used. It goes on thick, wipes clean, and it brings out a deep luster.

For a side by side comparison, I was cleaning my hood the other day with Meg's. I used separate clean MF towels to wipe and then buff. However, I was noticing that it just didn't buff clear. So I did a test with the TW and not only did it provide ample lubrication to wipe away light dirt and dust, it buffed out crystal clear. On the LEFT, you'll see the Meg's after I had tried buffing it clear 24 hours earlier. On the RIGHT, I used TW with stunning results. Frankly, all sprays should wipe this clean.

Here's a more light-corrected perspective...

As you can see, the TW added deep luster to the hood, which I had cut and corrected just a couple weeks ago. I guess I just never noticed the fine haze when I used it on my silver Audi prior. Now it's a lot more noticeable!
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50