View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 09:55 PM   #12
PR1MOWAGEN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Touring

i WANTED TO RESPOND TO MY PREVIOUS POST ABOUT MEG'S QUIK DETAILING SPRAY AND HOW IT WAS HAZING UP ON MY HOOD.

Recently, I was cleaning my garage, so I moved the car to the cul de sac. It was sunny out, so by the end of the day my car was pretty hot. After I pulled the car back in I noticed more haze. This time, AFTER I had applied the TW carnauba spray. I spoke with Kevin Brown about it and he brought up a great point. He said that carnauba attracts moisture, which makes sense, PLUS it rained almost ten minutes after I brought my car in, so it was getting pretty humid out. I'm wondering if the TW spray was just collecting moisture from the air (that's the best way I can put it).

Lemme throw a curveball. I was using the TW carnauba spray on top of Meg's Ultimate full synthetic wax. The base coat wax may have caused the carnauba wax to "sweat" and therefore haze. The same thing may have happened with the Quik spray. I wasn't knocking the product overall, I just thought at the time that it didn't work well on my paint. I do still use it on my XC90. I'll keep experimenting.

When Understandable Logic Becomes Experiential Belief...
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...0#post26266470

Last edited by PR1MOWAGEN; 06-11-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0