View Single Post
      07-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #14
PR1MOWAGEN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Touring

Ok! If you read my last couple of posts, I had some issues with hazing using a heavy carnauba based product. I had this hazing with Meguiar's full synthetic, as well, so I switched to the TW hybrid ceramic wet wax, but I haven't really been using it correctly. I've been spraying it dry and then wiping off, so I was getting some streaking. The streaking is workable with a light spritz of distilled water (hence, "wet wax") and wiped with a microfiber towel. I bet I could dilute the solution with some distilled water, as well.

Regardless, the results of the ceramic spray are fantastic; lots of gloss, lots of protection. I really like this coating. Once I'm done with this bottle I will probably get the standard spray or maybe the jet black spray.

Due to the hazing issue, I needed to maintain the light [consumer] ceramic coating with a light cleaner to minimize hazing. For regular maintenance, I have been experimenting with Meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer. Great product, but this was also creating a stubborn haze (just on the hood), due to heat buildup. Grrrrr.

Anyway, back to Turtle Wax, I decided to try a super simple and neutral cleaner to keep the hood from hazing. I think I may have found it in the TW Clean & Shine Total Exterior Detailer spray. GREAT PRODUCT!! I've used it for a couple weeks now and no hazing. The solution is very light, so it does the trick without adding much product on top of the existing ceramic coating. The result is a perfect amount of lubrication to pick up light dirt and dusting from the smooth paint.

I have more experimenting to do with the TW ceramic detailer, but for now, this is working GREAT!! It just doesn't smell as nice as the ceramic line!!

When Understandable Logic Becomes Experiential Belief...
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...0#post26266470
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50