04-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
yipronny
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie168 View Post
Good job! Can you comment more on the Opti gloss coat please?
When I was ordering the sealant on autogeek, I read alot of reviews before I made my decision. This included Zach's review on Opti coat also which was super useful

I was deciding between Cquartz and Opti coat. I ended up buying both of them since I was going to do more vehicles later anyway. In terms of Opti Coat, the instructions weren't as clear as I would have liked so I watched Youtube videos on how to apply it since I never applied any sort of sealant in my life! I would say make sure to have good lighting so you can see the product being applied or if any HIGH spots developed. Otherwise, it was very easy to apply throughout the vehicle. I ended up having some leftover which I can probably use for another small vehicle.

After application, I noticed the paint had alot more depth and shine to it. It is literally wet! Of course, It isn't as shiny as your traditional carnauba wax, but for a daily driver and the 2 year protection, I think it is worth it. It hasn't been 7 days yet so the sealant has no cured. Perhaps, I can update back on how well it beads water afterwards
Appreciate 0