04-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #11
yipronny
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Why can't I get my prius to be swirl free, i bought the chemical guys torqx polisher and used the orange and white pads, compounds v34 and v36. Sure it gave back it's black depth but not nearly as much as the swirls as I think the product should have made. When I apply the "right amount" of pressure my polisher isn't turning and watching the videos, their setting is at 2. Should I go higher? Are you in the bay area OP?
Hi, yeah I am in the bay area. I am by no means an expert as I learned from watching youtube videos as well . But based on what you are saying. I think you aren't going high enough speed when you are compounding. Usually for compounding (v32 or v34), they recommend speed of 5-6 and perhaps 4-5 for polishing (v36). I think your pad and product combo is good as the paint on our Prius are pretty soft, but of course it can differ car to car. Your polisher should definitely be spinning so perhaps you are using a bit too much pressure. One rule I think I found to work for me is apply pressure but enough so I can guide the polisher smoothly across the panels as I do my passes. Hopefully that was helpful!!!
Appreciate 0