03-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #53
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
335rocks, I'm surprised you still have the DMF, for what it's worth it seems a good idea to change it out while the box is off?

Spec are listing a hybrid option on the spec 2+ that uses spec 3 friction material on the full face spec 2 clutch for better wear and smoother engagement, for $75.

We could do with finding out if the idle can be adjusted via inpa...
The market was a little different 1.5 year ago when I looked at this and the low bite point for the ACT and that other high BHP users reporting slipping with RBs put me off that. A few users in the US reported premature failures on the Spec, so at the time the HPF looked like the best option. Now I'm not so sure. I holds the power fine, I'm just not super happy with the driveability experience. The judder ruins the pleasure and doesn't give you the control confidence you want?

My DMF is okay as I'm not running RB's yet, so I'm nowhere near what an RB powered car would be running. Also I didn't change my DMF when the clutch was fitted, so I saved a little money there. When it was changed at 56K my car had only experienced a tiny bit of clutch slip so the flywheel looked fine and wasn't damaged. I think Marcel's experience with replacing the DMF and still getting judder proved that my judder wasn't caused by not changing the DMF.

I might bump up the power a little when I get the oil cooler fitted as this is starting to restrict power on hot track days and running a little hotter that I would like. With the PROcede I could always drop it to a different map with less boost, so it was manageable. Alternatively I could lift off a little so I'll give COBB a try and see how that drives.