03-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #64
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
It is barely bedded in but it is a nightmare to drive in start stop traffic. The ACT I had was almost as heavy so that isn't the problem. In fact I'm a bit miffed after seeing the HPF youtube video and their 'smooth as butter' BS. I got caught up in the hype of the ACT and then the HPF, and was put off by stories from Spec users on other platforms. Looking back, it seems I've fecked up quite bad when it comes to clutches.
I thought it was just me because I didn't swap the DMF until Marcel had the same issue with a new DMF. So with 3 people experiencing massive clutch judder I'm also a bit miffed about the youtube video. Definitely doesn't live up to the sales pitch. It shouldn't take 15K to bed in to make it driveable in 1st/reverse. I remember the first couple of thousand miles and I agree with you that it's a nightmare in traffic. You quickly learn to put it in neutral and I didn't have much confidence in it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
I've got access to a lift and tools on the weekends and managed to do it within a day last time which was my first ever clutch change. This time around it should be much easier. Once all this is done then I'm going to fabricate my own Setrab Oil Cooler setup in place of the OEM one.
Nice, I have considered using something like Pit Start self service garages and do it myself. I'm just a bit worried that I'll leave myself stranded because of a part issue or I forget to bring some tools. I got an ER Sports oil cooler to fit as it came with all the brackets, grills and adapters for the oil filter housing. I also bought the ducting for the SE bumper on the off-chance I can butcher it a bit to make it fit my Msport bumper. We'll see what an angle grinder or cutting disc on a Dremel can do to make this happen.

I would have gone down the route of Setrab if I had a VK Motorwerks bracket, but I couldn't really say no to the price I got the ER cooler for.

Last edited by fastloop; 03-10-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0