View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #53
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Some classic flat-earthers here for sure. It sounds innocuous, but flu is one of the major killers worldwide. Vaccines (like e/t else in life) aren't 100%, but a free shot that cuts the odds that much is a good thing. Don't know if you all realize it, but your not getting vaccinated is a big factor in how quickly the viruses continue to adapt to the new vaccines. Not much smallpox about these days....

This one is like a textbook for magical thinking meets defensiveness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Shits a gimmick. Never had one nor will I ever and I rarely get sick. The wifey gives flu shots everyday at work but never got one either. She gets sick from giving so many of them.
Perhaps maybe wifey is getting the flu on her everyday travels, then spreading it to her patients? nice.

And for this, kind of a miss:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Wrong. No one is mandated to get a flu shot even if you have small children or are elderly.
- many states mandate that certain occupations either get a shot, stop working in that job, or wear a facemask all the time (some states don't offer option #3), so they can't MAKE you take the shot, but they can protect patients (and schoolkids, nursing home residents, etc)...

Scary that the current era of 'believe what you want, call the rest 'fake news' is undermining the foundation of scientific knowledge - the scientific process is really is one of mankind's greatest accomplishments: a system to counteract our brains inherent ability to bullshit ourselves into believing just what we want to, instead of what is really happening. It does, occasionally, produce uncomfortable or unwanted results.

But what do I know, I'm just a cog in that system. With all this industry conspiracy, the human lifespan has been shrinking over the past few centuries, right? clear proof that all this 'sciency stuff' is just a gimmick - none of it actually WORKS.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7563.50
minn1914037.50